Pink lady knits

3.22.2007

Socks (again.)

The second of the Gentleman's Fancy Socks has made progress. The heel was turned and the gussets done...we are in "finishing the foot" territory now...it's only a matter of time until the pictures of the finished socks make it up here!
Today, I will leave you with my next big yarn purchase wish list:

Lisa Souza Sock! Merino in Agua Fresca, Mars Quake and Petroglyph:


I have learned recently that I am not a huge fan of "striping" yarn, though I enjoy the variety of colors in a varigated hank as much as the next person. For this reason, I have recently been leaning more towards the mottled yarns, with several colors, but no discernible pattern. Some examples of this would be Wild Things and South Pacific, both from Lisa as well. I also really like sold yarns, but striping yarns have their place as well, and I won't count out the possibility of me using them again in the future.
This yarn is unbelievably beautiful and luxurious. PLUS, you get a generous 560 yards per hank for only $16!!! Her colors are truly works of art and I can't tout her abilities enough. She is the place to go for reasonably priced, one-of-a-kind sock yarn! (No this isn't a commercial, I just love this yarn.)

No comments: