Pink lady knits

6.15.2010

Gift Wrap Romper

Project: Gift Wrap Romper
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Worsted (Superwash) in Truffle, Lawn, and White
Needles: #7 circulars, #7 DPN's, #4 circulars, #4 DPN's

Notes:
When I saw this pattern I fell in love. It cleared me of the "dry spell" of creativity that hit the moment I found out I was pregnant. After months of looking at my knitting needles and piles of yarn with disinterest, I saw this, cast on with a fury, and I haven't looked back since.

This pattern is easy as can be, VERY well written, and fun at the same time. It's the perfect storm of knitting. I chose to do the stripes (as you can see) but I think this would be equally adorable in a solid yarn. I think this will be a nice warm piece of clothing for my little baby to lounge around in all Winter long. I will probably be knitting several more of these...so look for a few more here and there over the next few months.

My favorite feature of this finished romper are the little vintage buttons I used. These were given to me by my husbands Grandmother, so they are an extra special addition to her grandchild's knitted garment.

The only place I ran into any issues was the short row shaping...and it was completely my fault. I was thinking of short rows in terms of sock toes and heels, and not in terms of, well, shaping. So, I knit several sock toes onto the back of my romper before I stopped, read the instructions again, smacked myself on the forehead, and started over for the last time. Once I scaled that mountain of stupidity, it was smooth sailing. I highly recommend this pattern for anyone who has a baby, is expecting a baby, or wants to knit for a baby. I've also recently completed the matching hat...so stay tuned for a run down on that project!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh my gawd, ded from the cuteness!! I love the butt!! Teh behbeh is going to look adorbs in this!

Courtney said...

Thanks Shelley!! I know...right? I couldn't stand it when I saw the pattern...then I kept picturing my little munchkin in it, and it was just too much for me to handle. I love how it turned out. :)

krisindaa@msn.com said...

Hello
I loooove your jumpers for the babies. Do you sell them? My fam and I are stationed in Korea. I have not found anything like it here nor can I knit. ahahah
I would loooove one for my chunky newborn. Thanks
Krisindaa@msn.com k

Anonymous said...

hey there pinkladyknits.blogspot.com owner discovered your website via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com