Pink lady knits

2.24.2010

Ravelympic WIP Dancing - Clem Again

Pattern: Clementine Shawlette
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Lace, "Glazed Carrot"
Needles: #3 Takumi Straights

Clearly, I love this pattern. This is the third time I have knit it, and I loved it just as much this time. I have modified it to make it a scarf, removing all of the patterning to create the "tassels" and increasing. This also allowed me to just knit it straight from cast on to bind off (thereby avoiding knitting it in two pieces and grafting them together). This made for some wonderfully mechanical knitting while watching television.

The yarn/needle combination was perfect...just tight enough to keep it a solid fabric, but the needles weren't to tiny that I wanted to kill myself halfway through. The yarn itself was amazing, as all Malabrigo is. The colors are amazing and I'm convinced that I'll never be able to capture it accurately on film...deep, luxurious, and amazingly carroty.

This scarf is a gift for my cousin Kelly (Grace and Natalie's Mom). She's my very best friend, is basically my sister, and I owe so much to her (she taught me my multiplication tables, sent me Disney movies and candy when I was sick in college, traded stickers, jelly bracelets, and charm necklace charms when were were kids) that I could never possibly knit enough to show her how much I love and appreciate her...but that's not going to stop me from trying.

1 comment:

ekgheiy said...

Nice work. Love that color. It yells, "Go away winter!!" :) Hehe.