Pink lady knits

10.21.2009

Lady Eleanor

Pattern: Lady Eleanor
Yarn: Noro Silver Thaw, 5 hanks
Needles: #8 circulars

Notes:
First, let me start by saying that I'm completely in love with the finished product. It's just what I'd hoped it would be. It's very long (love that) and just wide enough. I can wear it as a scarf or as a shawl. It's very warm. The fringe is beautiful, and the knotting (though tedious) is worth all of the time it takes as it really sets this shawl apart.

I loved every minute of knitting this...and I've been knitting it for some time now! I started it three years ago this Christmas! I knew when I started it that it would be a relaxing knit to pick up when I was bored with other projects, and it was just that. It moved along at a snails pace until I learned how to knit backwards. This is an amazing technique, and I now use it whenever I'm supposed to purl (because I prefer it and because my tension requires it). If you would like to learn how to do this, I suggest this tutorial. It just takes some practice, but you'll get used to it in no time.

The yarn for this project is amazing. The white and brightly colored nubs are all tufts of angora, and I can't tell you how decadent that is against the skin. The wool itself is nice and soft because it's blended with the angora and with nylon. It did bleed when I blocked it, but it only took a few rinses to take care of that. And honestly, I'd put up with a lot for the beautiful color transitions of Noro.


I get stares and compliments whenever I wear this, and I love telling people that I made it. If you haven't tried enterlac yet, this is an excellent project to start with. If you don't to jump in with both feet, this pattern would also be a lovely selection.

3 comments:

Noneofyourbusiness. said...

That is really beautiful!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Southern Belle said...

That is very pretty