Pink lady knits

12.10.2008

Charity Knits

Wow, it seems like it's been a really long time since I've posted! Things are still moving along well in the knitting world, and I've actually been very busy finishing up some charity knits for the Holiday season...which has been both fun and fulfilling.

The first knit is a Mother Bear. This project is excellent, and if you haven't yet read or heard about it, I suggest that you mosey on over to the website in your free time and read up on the wonderful work that knitters across the country are doing. Essentially, you get a pattern to knit a stuffed bear for a child in an emerging nation whose life has been affected by HIV/AIDS. Some shops donate the yarn (Lovelyarns did) and stuffing, so all you need to donate is your time. I've named my bear Frederick, and I think he turned out really well. I hope that he brings a child some comfort soon.

The second knit is a project through Lovelyarns called The McHenry Mitten Project. Knitters across Baltimore are making hand-knit mittens for each child who attends this impoverished school. The mittens will be given to them for the Holidays, and hopefully they will keep them warm and in good health through the new year. My mittens were for a boy, so I chose a nice masculine tweedy brown. I hope he likes them.

More to come in the next few days on the progress of some projects for me, and some for others...

No comments: