Pink lady knits

11.25.2008

More yarn schwag

I went yarn shopping again this past weekend and picked up some more yarn. I started at Woolworks where I got yarn to make Katie a new "Purl Scarf" since she sadly lost the one I made her last year

The yarn I got for Katie's scarf is Manos wool in a deep merlot color that is speckled through with deeper garnet reds and bright pinks...very glamorous...like Katie:

Then I purchased some beautiful Alchemy Haiku in the same colors...though this has some purple in it as well:

And, finally, though the pattern calls for two different mohair yarns to be carried with the larger wool yarn, I decided to switch it up and use a hank of Koigu instead. I found this gem in all the right colors and I think it will be beautiful:


From Woolworks, I wandered over to Lovelyarns in Hampden (which really is lovely) and I picked up some beautiful Malabrigo Lace in "Glazed Carrot" (which coincidentally I'm having for Thanksgiving dinner!) and I plan to make the Autumn Vines shawl/scarf out of it. Can't wait!

See you after Thanksgiving with more yarny goodness...have a happy Holiday everyone!

No comments: