Pink lady knits

11.24.2008

Stitches East

I (finally) went to Stitches East this year and I had a great time! I went over at lunch with three friends from work (Jen, Katie, and Heather) and only stayed for about three hours. We wandered through the market and saw so many amazing booths, which I posted a bit on before. However, I've finally brought you photos of my haul!

The first thing I found was Noro Kureyon Sock yarn. I've been wanting to try this since I all of the beautiful examples of it knitted up on Flickr and Ravelry over the last several months. I found the most "Courtney" colorway I could...pinks and greens and yellowy oranges, and I'm blissfully pleased with it. I can't wait to see how it knits up into a simple toe up sock so that I don't waste even an inch of it.


The next place I headed was the Webs booth. I went to Stitches with the express intention of purchasing enough Malabrigo in Lettuce to make a sweater. It was a mission for me...and I needed to achieve my goal. Webs had the color I wanted, though there was only the one bag left, the Malabrigo was scarce at Stitches this year! I bought 6 hanks of this yarn and stroked it the rest of the day.

The line at Webs was ridiculous. It was so long, painfully long...but I waited in it patiently. They were very fast actually, and the staff was helpful. While in line I spotted the Malabrigo Sock Yarn (they put it next to the line, crafty buggers!) I knew as soon as I saw it that I had to have some...so I picked up this beautiful hank of Botticelli Red.


The last place I wandered over to was an adorable booth that had a ton of Koigu and a beautiful knitted sample of the Selbu Modern. I fell instantly in love, and bought the pattern and two hanks of yarn with which to make it, a bright green and a deep navy.

The only thing I didn't find on my search was a barely pink (blush is how I keep referring to it) hank of sock yarn. I desperatly want to knit a pair of Snicket's, but this is the only color I can see them in...so I'm waiting until I find the perfect yarn in the perfect color. The search continues...

Stay tuned for more yarn pictures a little later this week!

No comments: