Pink lady knits

11.10.2008

Lily Pad Monkey's

Pattern: Monkey
Yarn: Woolworks Sock Yarn in "Lily Pad"
Needles: #2 Susan Bates DPN's

About a year ago (yeesh, it's been a while) my Aunt Laurie asked me to knit her some cotton dishcloths for her kitchen and my Aunt Cathy asked me to knit her a pair of socks. I knit both things. It took about 30 minutes for me to make each of the two dishcloths, and about 3 months to make the socks...and then I felt guilty. That was an unequal distribution of hand knit items...and I'm pretty sure that there's a statute about that somewhere.

So, I decided on knitting a pair of socks for my Aunt Laurie in addition to the dishcloths. I picked Monkey as a pattern because I've never met anyone who doesn't love it and I picked this vibrant yarn because I knew it would sing when in combination with that pattern. And I'm not disapointed...they are a winning combination.

My Aunt Laurie has larger feet than I'd anticipated (my Mom is a 6.5, I'm a 7, and my Aunt Cathy is an 8...but my Aunt Laurie is a 9) so these took slightly longer than I would have liked. They are all done now though, and will soon ship off to her.

Along with two cotton dishcloths.

1 comment:

ekgheiy said...

Very nice! Good to see ya back in blogland again :)