Pink lady knits

4.17.2008

28Thirty

Pattern: 28Thirty
Yarn: Jaeger Matchmaker Merino Aran
Needles: #7 Clover Bamboo

Notes: I really loved knitting this pattern, just like all of the Zephyr patterns! It's a beautiful finished sweater and I find myself wearing it all the time. It's the perfect thing to throw over a tee shirt for a little warmth, and the color (which wavers between eggplant, brick, and chocolate depending on the light) is very versatile.

I only made three modifications to the sweater, and all of them were to the sleeves:

1. I knit my sleeves straight with no decreases because I wanted there to be a bit of a bell at the ends of them. I also shortened the length of the sleeves slightly.

2. I shortened the sleeves slightly as I prefer a "bracelet length" sleeve to a very long one (which I almost always end up just pushing up) and three quarter length is never long enough to keep my wrists warm.

3. I knit the sleeves flat and seamed them with a single crochet. At first I thought that the method would be bulky, but I actually really enjoyed it and found it to be very sturdy. (If you are interested in this method, and would like a "tutorial", just let me know and I'll put one together.)

All in all, I'd say this was a successful knit. It was finished in time for "Fire" with Project Spectrum, but not photographed in time. Oh well, such is life, right?

No comments: