Pink lady knits

2.18.2008

Out of Commission

That's what I was for a solid week; Out of Commission.
On Monday I went into work, business as usual, and then noticed something was wrong when I couldn't finish my piping hot coffee and whole grain bagel (a Monday indulgence.) I left after lunch (which I hadn't eaten) and then my husband came home as well, and we went to the E.R.
I had another very large (and quite painful) ovarian cyst...and was drugged up and in pain for an entire week. I am doing much better now, but I literally didn't even knit until Saturday (when I finished the body and one sleeve of 28Thirty, a repeat on the Shetland, and about four squares of Lady Eleanor.)
I knit almost nothing yesterday either since I had so much to catch up on, so I'm really looking forward to getting back into the groove this week. I'll be finishing up 28Thirty, and doing a photo shoot of that, Chocolate Stripes (aka Leftovers) and the Boatneck Bluebell that I finished months ago. So stay tuned.
In the meantime, here is a photo of my adorable doggie to distract you...

This sweet little guy didn't leave my side the entire time I was sick...and had to be literally dragged outside to go for walks. There is nothing quite like the love of an animal, though my husband is no slouch either. He was an absolute angel.

3 comments:

Amber said...

That is one sweet doggy.

I hope you feel better, what a sucky way to start a week!

Sending good thoughts and love your way.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon.

ekgheiy said...

Being out of commission is such a b**ch. Grrr!

I hope your two wonderful nurses help you get better very soon! :)