Pink lady knits

11.26.2007

Knitting Storm

This weekend there was a storm of knitting at my house. I had a ton of downtime, and filled it with miles of stockinette. It may seem boring, but when I feel like all I have is complicated projects on the needles, my brain requires miles of knit one row, purl the next (or better yet, knit in circles for days and days!)
I looked around this weekend and realized that the only projects I had at home were lace or colorwork. I wanted something a little more mindless, so I worked more on Glee for Katie. It's coming along really well, and looks perfectly fuzzy and comfy. I am concerned (as ever) about it being too big, because she's really too small to be real, but everyone who has seen it says it looks good...so we'll see.

This is a bad image of the color, it's really almost black it's so charcoal. I'm pretty happy with how it's coming out, and I only have about 5 more inches total on the body, then I move on to the sleeves (which are only 4 rows of ribbing each!) and then the neckline. I'll need to buy some hook and eye closures at the store. I'm looking forward to calling Katie to tell her that it's complete.
Once I ran out of yarn, I ripped back the Coquette that I'd knit for her (it was, predictably, too big) and washed the yarn to get the kinks out of it. While it was drying, I didn't know what to knit...so I cast on for a vest. Leftovers, by Alison Hansel. It's a nice, simple knit, and utilizes all of the odd yards of worsted weight yarn that I have laying around the house. I think that the colors I chose work well, and I'm trying to break them up, without using any sort of pattern...so we'll see.

The chocolate is nice, and should look good with jeans and a blue button down...which is pretty much how I plan to wear this. I can't wait until it's done, it looks nice and warm.
My husband is out of town until Thursday, and whenever he is gone, I take a break from the television. So I plan to snuggle up in my bed with the cats and knit. I will probably listen to music (since the silence when I'm home alone unnerves me) and may turn on the TV, though I'm trying not to.
I hope that this will be done this week...but while he's gone, I may take advantage of the silence to knit some of my more complicated projects; Irish Diamond, Juno Regina, and Endpaper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't work so late you couldn't knit!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.