Pink lady knits

12.07.2007

A Finished Gift for Katie

Pattern: The Purl Scarf
Yarn: Manos Wool
Rowan Kidsilk Haze
Rowan Kidsilk Night

Needles: #13 Takumi Straights

I've begun several projects for Katie over the years...but have rarely completed any. I've always wanted to knit things for her because I know she'll appreciate the time it took to make the items, and that she will wear them often. Also, I know her taste so well, that picking patterns and yarns for her is easy and fun.

The first thing I knit for her was a sca
rf. She loves it, but it's old and has started to get ragged. The next thing was a hat, but I'm not sure it ever fit well. Then I attempted a shawl, but it turned out horribly, so I ripped it. Then I knit her a sweater, it was too big, so I ripped that too. I used that yarn again to make her another sweater, and it's almost finished...but not quite. So, imagine my husband's surprise when I said I was going to knit Katie a Christmas gift this year! He assumed it would never be finished and asked me why I couldn't just buy her something like everyone else.

Little did he know that I planned on using a pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts! I knit her the Purl Scarf, and it took almost no time at all. I actually think it took me longer to pick out the yarn than it did to knit the scarf.
I'm really pleased with how it came out, and i know she will appreciate the luxury of the yarn. And the yarn, swoon!!! It was such a joy to work with, and I love the way the mohair and sparkles and wool came together...so beautiful. I used a nice medium red in the Manos, and then the Kidsilk Haze was slightly lighter, and the Kidsilk Night was slightly darker and sparkly...cause Katie is "fancy". She'd appreciate that if she read this blog.

Here is a detail shot of the glitz and glamor of the yarns...I hope she loves it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW she will love it!