Pink lady knits

1.21.2008

Longing for Lady Eleanor

Ever since I checked Scarf Style out of my local library two years ago, I've been fascinated with Lady Eleanor. I knew that one day I would learn enterlac, because something about it seemed so simple and elegant to me. Those words perfectly describe this stole, simple in it's construction and shape, and elegant in the yarn used to create it and the delicate fringing along both edges. Instead of Noro Silk Garden, I'm using Noro Silver Thaw. It's a lovely blend of the classic Noro wool and soft fuzzy Angora, and also has a touch of Nylon. This is my first time knitting with Angora and I must say that I am not disappointed. It's added a beautiful halo around the work, the drape is slightly better, and the hand is amazing. I can't get over how soft this yarn is, and it's Noro, before washing!

The colors are coming out a little more...."modern" than I'd expected. But I'm alright with that as I'm a modern gal! All in all, I can tell that this is going to be one of my favorite pieces. And, I foresee several Lady Eleanor's in my future! :)

No comments: