Pink lady knits

3.13.2007

Yarn, but no yarn shop...

Well, I did buy yarn and yarn-related items this weekend, but I did not make it to Ewenique Yarns. Unfortunately, someone broke into our home (but nothing was taken, thanks to an alarm system) so we didn't make it out to Bel Air like we had planned. I purchased enough yarn for two new projects, however, all Patons Classic Merino. I really like this yarn, and find that for the money, there isn't a better product on the market right now. I bought the "Winter White" for the Two-Tone Ribbed Shrug and the "Light Grey" for the Boatneck Bluebell Sweater, both from Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel. Photos below:

I had a gift card to JoAnn Fabrics with $20 remaining, and all of that yarn still only cost me $25! Not bad for two whole sweaters. I decided to do the shrug in one color so that it is more versatile. I will likely make it again (and again) in other more exciting colors, but this is just a first pass. The light grey is a great option for the boatneck sweater, it can be casual with jeans or dressy with a black skirt. I can't wait to get these on the needles!
I also found a wonderful knitting bag, in the least likely of all places...Bass Pro Shops! The bag is fantastic, there are a million little compartments with zippers, and it has a ringed binder with tough ziploc containers which can hold needles of all sizes in order. If one side of the bag having this weren't enough, it has TWO sides! Both with the same million little compartments....I don't know what else to say other than I AM IN LOVE! I have attached a few images below to induce your jealousy:


I plan to find a new patch to cover up the logo, but have yet to see one that is large enough to cover it. I had thought about embroidering it with embroidery floss...and that option is still open. We'll see. Laying on top is a finished Gentleman's Fancy Stocking, I cast on for the second one last night, though I have yet to make it through the cuff ribbing. These socks have taken quite some time, but I am very pleased with the way they are coming out. I weighed the finished sock and the remaining yarn, and it seems as though I will have enough. It just doesn't look like it will be...my knitters intuition is kicking in. In a pinch, I have some plain caramel colored yarn to use for the toe.

3 comments:

Siow Chin said...

The shrug is so nice! And I like the patterns you highlighted from the book. They look really wearable.

Anonymous said...

Darling, where is the second tone for the two-toned shrug??? :p

Anonymous said...

OMG, you should see if you can get your knit pin-up girl made into a patch somehow! That would look awesome!