Pink lady knits

12.28.2005

"Wild Things" Gauge

I did my gauge for my "Wild Things" last night and got about 5.5 stitches to the inch on a #4 needle...which just means this is going to be a long project. I think I am going to do the blanket on the bias with eyelet edging and five small cables running throughout. The majority of the blanket will be in garter stitch, which I think will look nice with the cables and really draw attention to them. If I have time (and yarn) I may add on a nice edge to the blanket, but probably not, I think this will look nice enough as is. It was so nice to work with and the verigation is GREAT in it, really unique. I am going to run it by the yarn shop today so that they can wind it for me, and while I am there I am going to pick up my 700 yards of tweedy sportweight yarn. I still don't know what I am going to make with that yet, but it was on clearance for only $3.95 a hank....how could I pass that up!?

No comments: