Pink lady knits

3.19.2009

Hef

Pattern: Indigo Playmate
Yarn: Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool
Needles: #7 Circular and DPN

Notes: I really enjoyed knitting this sweater, and it was just about as easy as possible - simple stockinette to soothe the soul. My favorite "feature" if you want to call it that, is the short row shaping on the collar. It's nice and saves it from being bulky, while ensuring that it will fold over nicely. The other thing I think was done well was the increase and decrease placement. I think it makes for a nice line in such a simple pattern.



The yarn is admittedly scratchy, but a is a good solid wool, which I really like. I like that the colors that this comes in are natural, like this brown. It makes for a nice staple piece in my wardrobe and has already gotten lots of compliments.

This is a classic piece, nice with jeans and a tee shirt, and perfect with a little black dress (I think that wearing black and brown together is chic now...at least I hope so because I did it last week when these photos were taken!) If you are looking for a simple knit that will get a lot of mileage, this is the sweater for you.

1 comment:

ekgheiy said...

Nice work!!!! It's cool that you found that color. I've never seen Fisherman's Wool in that color.