Pink lady knits

12.15.2008

Like Butter

I cast on for the Tangled Yoke Cardigan a while ago, and it's moving along very well now. I have completed the body and one sleeve, and have even attached it. I've started the second sleeve, and have completed the garter rib portion of it, and will start on the stockinette portion tonight.

The yarn I chose for this project is Jaeger Baby Merino DK (discontinued) in the softest yellow that really is like butter. It's smooth merino, which makes it a joy to knit, and I'm using the recommended #4 needles, so the stitches are teeny tiny, which I love. I've also chosen buttons for this little beauty, they are tiny flowers which I think goes well with the vine-like look of the cable.

I'd like to have this completed by the New Year, so I need to get motoring. I'm not sure what I'll do once I have the second sleeve attached though, because the cord on my #4's is only 24" long and I could barely move the needles to attach the first sleeve. I may have to borrow a pair or buy a pair (which I really don't want to do). I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

ekgheiy said...

Nice work!