Pink lady knits

11.09.2007

A Tangled Mess

I am sorry to report that the Endpaper Mitts met their untimely demise late last night. I knit on them, and played with them, and tried them on, and took them off, and laid them on the couch and pondered their existence and then had a lengthy conversation with my husband and came to the conclusion that I just wasn't happy with them. So I ripped them. And created quite a mess! The yarn was everywhere and it was hard to wind it back into two separate balls, but I did.

Immediately after their death, life sprang forth from the needles again. This time I didn't make the chart mistakes, I kept my stitches tighter and more uniform, and most importantly, I used the contrasting color in the right places! My first mitt is now looking so much better, even though I have only completed one repeat. I think I am going to be happy with my decision to rrrriiiiippppp. Photos are coming as soon as I have something worth showing. :)

2 comments:

ekgheiy said...

Hey there! You have a nice blog! And I love your pictures too. Are you a pro or hobbyist photographer? Notwithstanding, nice blog 'n pics.

About your Endpaper Mitts, you are totally better than I am. If I turn out something that I don't like, I usually just throw in my stash bin and forget it ever existed. Shamefully speaking, I am so too lazy (or unmotivated) to frog a completed project and wind it back to a ball. Shame on me ... :)

Anyhoo - I'm glad to hear that you're happier with your restart thus far. Can't wait to see the pics!

Courtney said...

Hi! Thanks for the compliments on the blog and the photos. I was a photography minor in college...but it's been a while. I just consider it a hobby. I've been working on getting better shots with more depth and interesting angles. Glad you've enjoyed them! I wonder if you recognize any of my photo shoot locations...they are in Baltimore.
LOL, I have a project or two in the bin that I refuse to frog. But that is usually because I am unwilling to admit that I failed at them! Or because they are in mohair, and frogging that is an exercise in futility! It is an oddly freeing experience to frog something though...you should try it! :)
I'll be posting a photo right now of the Endpaper Mitts, I hope you check back in to see how they look...