I am sorry to report that the Endpaper Mitts met their untimely demise late last night. I knit on them, and played with them, and tried them on, and took them off, and laid them on the couch and pondered their existence and then had a lengthy conversation with my husband and came to the conclusion that I just wasn't happy with them. So I ripped them. And created quite a mess! The yarn was everywhere and it was hard to wind it back into two separate balls, but I did.
Immediately after their death, life sprang forth from the needles again. This time I didn't make the chart mistakes, I kept my stitches tighter and more uniform, and most importantly, I used the contrasting color in the right places! My first mitt is now looking so much better, even though I have only completed one repeat. I think I am going to be happy with my decision to rrrriiiiippppp. Photos are coming as soon as I have something worth showing. :)