Pink lady knits

10.10.2007

Hufflepuff Monkey Socks


Pattern: Monkey
Yarn: Lisa Souza Merino Sock in "Mombassa"
Needles: #2 Addi DPN's
For: Hogwarts Sock Swap Two

I really enjoyed knitting these socks, and like everyone else I was amazed at just how fast they were finished. I think it's a combination of using #2 needles, an open and stretchy lace pattern and an 11 row repeat. When you think in terms of "I only need to do 22 rows before bed, and 6 of those are knit rows!" it makes the sock fly off your needles.

I am really happy with the Lisa Souza Merino, its soft, sproingy and takes dye beautifully. The "Mombassa" colorway striped very nicely in a twisting shape around the foot. The only thing that I have noticed about Lisa's yarns is that they seem to be a slightly smaller gauge then they used to be. They are now more along the lines of a Schaeffer Anne than anything else, and used to be more like the Fleece Artist. This isn't a bad thing, per say, just different.
I hope that my pal likes these socks, she asked for soft and I think I've given her that. I just need to buy needles and get my hands moving on some stitch markers...and then I can ship them off to her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the color of these socks! Very nice! Hey, I assume your ravelry invite has come, you weren't that far off! How fantastic is it?!?! I'm still more than 8000 people away, so I figure another month or so for me. I can't wait!!!