Pink lady knits

8.28.2007

WsIP

I have photos of two works in progress to show you. The first is "Coquette" from Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel. It's a lovely pattern and only about 4% of the American population can/should wear it...so I am making it for my perfectly petite best friend, Katie. Instead of cotton, I am making this in a lovely stretchy 100% superfine alpaca in charcoal. This is quite a change from the originally suggested fiber, but for good reason. Katie is a tiny person, but she has a large bust, if I were to make this in cotton, it wouldn't stretch to fit her in a flattering way, it would be baggy at her waist and stretched to capacity at her bust. The alpaca will provide the give she needs and will create a more flattering line. In addition, just to make sure I've covered my bases, I've also added two rows of eyelet holes on the center back of the waist. I will thread some large red ribbon through here in the fashion of a corset so that it can be cinched if she needs to make the waist tighter. I am almost finished with this piece, the only part that is yet to be completed is the ribbing at the bottom. I can't wait to give this to her, I think she'll get a lot of use out of it.

Next up we have Grace's Birthday Sweater (V.3). She will be three years old on September 15th, and so I wanted to make her something fun, girly and practical. I think I've managed to do all three with this simple raglan pullover. Her Uncle VJ helped to pick out the yarn colors and I found vintage buttons in his Grandmother's collection...so I think this is going to be a hit. I have the rest of the body and the sleeves to complete, but still this sweater is flying. I am doing 6 row stripes for the pink and 10 row stripes for the green...it's very preppy, no?

These and the baby boy knits are top on my list right now...deadline oriented, dontcha know. I just need to knock them out and then I can get around to some fun knits for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Grace's Bday Sweater! It is very Lily Pulitzer.