Pink lady knits

5.11.2007

Child's First Sock

Pattern: Child's First Sock, Nancy Bush "Knitting Vintage Socks"
Yarn:
Regia 4-ply wool in a "mushroom" color

Needles:
#1 DPN's

Notes:
I loved knitting this pattern, it was super easy to remember the stitches and I didn't even need my book by me when I was knitting. I pretty much finished the second sock without looking at the pattern except to determine the number of cast on stitches.
The socks fit really well and I am super happy with my first "lace" pair completed. I am eager to try another pair of socks with an interesting stitch pattern!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney! I know I haven't been leaving any comments lately, but I have been reading your blog religiously! Those socks are just lovely - I really like the pattern! You should try the 'mock croc' pattern I gave you a while ago, I tried it and it came out great, an easy knit!

Anonymous said...

Those look great! Are you really knitting for YOU?? :)

Courtney said...

erin, thanks so much for the compliments! the pattern is really easy and I love a bunch of others from that book....i'll bring it with me to vegas and you can check it out.
I came across the moc croc pattern while I was putting some stuff away the other day and I think I am going to give it a try. I have some green variegated yarn that it would look great in!
jen, i know, it's unbelievable, huh? I love it so much that I am going to go and knit something for someone else...sigh.