Pink lady knits

1.20.2006

I never thought I would say this, but...


I am an Olympian. A Knitting Olympian, that is. Along with my fellow competitors, I will be attempting a difficult task during the 2006 Olympics in Torino. I will knit a sweater, casting on at the opening ceremonies, and completed (this means finished and blocked) by the closing ceremonies. I will be using Dale of Norway Falk in a beautiful apple green (Bottom row, third from the right.).

It will be a top down raglan for me, with a rounded split neck that joins under my bust. It will have a seed stitch border with a band of seed stitch running under the bust to make it more empire cut. I haven't decided yet, but I think I may put inverted v's on either side on the bottom to give it a little more design. I also haven't decided if the sleeves will be fitted ot kimono style...I am leaning toward the latter of the two.
I am very excited about this undertaking and my dear husband has even taken to cheering me on while I knit now. We were watching tv last night and I put down my knitting (Kelly's Christmas sweater which needs to be done by Saturday and still has no arms and 4 inches left on the bodice) and he grabbed it up, thrust it into my hands and said "Knit woman! Knit like the WIND!" It was cute, and I appreciate his training. What would I do without him?

No comments: