Pink lady knits

3.18.2008

New Yarn

When I was in Tucson, my Father took me to a lovely yarn shop called Purls. The shop had a lovely selection of yarns ranging from Malabrigo Lace to Cascade 220, and they had an impressive array of sock yarns. They had a plethora of books and magazines on knitting and plenty of needles and accessories. The staff was very friendly and it was a pleasant experience.
While I was there I decided to pick up some yarn for a project I've been wanting to do for a while; The Cheveron Scarf from LMKG. There are so many beautiful examples in the internets, in Flickr and on Ravelry, and I wanted to do mine in Koigu like so many had before me...so I procured two lovely skeins. In hindsight, I'm not sure I got enough yarn, however, I can have a short version if this doesn't make a full length scarf.


What do you think? I think that the color variation should be very subtle and chic...both of the skeins have pinks and a lovely mustard yellow running through them, and that should tie them together nicely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both of the colour ways look like they'll go really well together.

Courtney said...

thanks marycatherine! i'm excited to start this project, but i've got to finish up all of the baby knits first!