Pink lady knits

10.09.2007

Still alive...

and actually, knitting up a storm. I've been quite lax in photographing all of my progress, so you'll have to take my word for it. I have completed the Yellow Alpaca Socks for my Mother, and I am 95% done with the Monkey socks I am knitting my Hogwarts Sock Swap partner. They will be complete tonight, as they only require toe grafting and a quick blocking.
For now though, I have a photo of progress on a scarf that I am making my Father.

I labored over the decision for what pattern to knit, and ultimately I just decided to do a 1x1 rib. My Dad is a simple man who will appreciate the beautiful texture and subtle tweedy color of this yarn on it's own. I will likely knit the more complicated patterns at some point, but not with this yarn.
I went yesterday to a sale at my LYS, and picked up some beautiful things! I got a lot of lace yarn and some needles. I'll take photos this evening and post an update to the blog tomorrow...stay tuned.

No comments: