Pink lady knits

5.02.2007

Scarlett's Socks

A few months ago my friend Jack and his wife had a new baby girl, Scarlett. She joined them and her brother Reed and is a lovely as a baby can be.
To welcome her to the world, I knit her a pair of socks using a pretty standard sock recipe. The only thing that could really be considered a "measurement" is how many stitches I cast on; 30. When I completed them, I couldn't believe that they would fit a human foot, they were so teeny tiny....but they did, and surprisingly, still do. I used some Lisa Souza Sock in "South Pacific" (they weren't sure if they were having a boy or girl, so I wanted the yarn to be perfect for either) and size 1 needles. They took a total of about 2 hours to make, and Jack and Kris were so appreciative. He got me a photo of her in her socks today, and I wanted to share.

I think they suit her very well. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is where the bulk of my leftover sock yarn will be going from now on....baby socks! I'll just knit them and save them for when I have babies. OK, maybe I'll give some of them away!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people are crazy cat ladies. YOU are going to be the crazy baby sock lady!

Courtney said...

ain't that the truth!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Long time, no see, but obviously you've been busy! I'm still a sock-knitting fool, but I just got the wool for my first sweater - yay! Are you going to the Sheep and Wool Festival this weekend? I might go on Saturday for ahwhile - email me if you're interested!
Shelley