Pink lady knits

5.02.2007

Scarlett's Socks

A few months ago my friend Jack and his wife had a new baby girl, Scarlett. She joined them and her brother Reed and is a lovely as a baby can be.
To welcome her to the world, I knit her a pair of socks using a pretty standard sock recipe. The only thing that could really be considered a "measurement" is how many stitches I cast on; 30. When I completed them, I couldn't believe that they would fit a human foot, they were so teeny tiny....but they did, and surprisingly, still do. I used some Lisa Souza Sock in "South Pacific" (they weren't sure if they were having a boy or girl, so I wanted the yarn to be perfect for either) and size 1 needles. They took a total of about 2 hours to make, and Jack and Kris were so appreciative. He got me a photo of her in her socks today, and I wanted to share.

I think they suit her very well. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is where the bulk of my leftover sock yarn will be going from now on....baby socks! I'll just knit them and save them for when I have babies. OK, maybe I'll give some of them away!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Some people are crazy cat ladies. YOU are going to be the crazy baby sock lady!

Courtney said...

ain't that the truth!

shelley127@gmail.com said...

Hey girl! Long time, no see, but obviously you've been busy! I'm still a sock-knitting fool, but I just got the wool for my first sweater - yay! Are you going to the Sheep and Wool Festival this weekend? I might go on Saturday for ahwhile - email me if you're interested!
Shelley