Pink lady knits

5.07.2007

Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival

So, Saturday my friend Shelly and I went to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. I had no idea what to expect, since this was my first year, but I was not disappointed! There were baby sheep and adult sheep galore, yarn aplenty and food to die for! I carried home quite a haul:

From Left to Right: Top Step - Emerald Green Koigu KPM, Shetland Sock Yarn in "Tundra", Louet Gems in "Neptune"
Middle Step - Mountain Colors Bearfoot in "Mountain Tango", Mountain Colors Bearfoot in "Magenta", Cloverhill Sock Yarn in "Merlot"
Bottom Step - 100% Superfine Alpaca in "Charcoal" (it is 1330 yards!) and 100% Superfine Alpaca in a light brown (665 yards.)


I am very pleased with all that I brought home and already have plans for most of these balls of yarn! I spent all last night winding them into balls, and I think it is easy to tell which were last in queue (the Cloverhill is very messy indeed.)
I also ran into Lolly and Eunny there, but by the time I realized who they were and made the decision to go say hello, they had vanished into the crowd. I really regret not saying hello, so if you la
dies see this post...Hi!
Here are some close ups of the yarns:


The Mountain Colors and Cloverhill.

The Koigu, Shetland and Louet.

The Alpaca.

Overall, I can say that the Sheep and Wool Festival was a wonderful success for me. I had a great time, met tons of knitters and spinners (and sheep) and really enjoyed the food (the ice cream was amazing.) I will be heading back next year, hopefully with a bigger bag and deeper pockets!

No comments: