Pink lady knits

4.30.2007

A decision made...

I thought long and hard about which lace patterned shrug I would like to make for my Mother in Law for her wedding. I love the look of "I Do" on Knitty...but wasn't happy with the belled sleeves.
I then thought I would just find a lace pattern I liked and seam it into the style of shrug I was looking for....but this left me a little nervous. I don't like seaming, I am not overly comfortable with lace and I was nervous about messing up something SO important.
Then I stumbled upon this little jewel....in a rather unexpected place; an article on lingerie!



It is a lovely lace pattern, looks quite simple, and it is exactly the shape that my Mother in Law is looking for. I think this will look smashing in the Handmaiden silk lace I ordered (mmmmm, silk......) and can't wait to work up a swatch.
With that in mind, I am adding some projects to the "On the Needles" section. This and one other, Monica.
I will be knitting Monica for my niece Grace in Knitpicks Shine Sport in Apple and Grass greens. The yarn was bought ages ago for something else, but I changed my mind (as usual) and now it is languishing in the stash. This is the perfect tank for Gracie and I happen to have just the right amount of yarn. AND it's going to be Project Spectrum green!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is your favorite cousin (mother of Gracie). You are an awesome knitter. Can't wait to see Grace's top. She will LOVE it!

Courtney said...

Hola Olah!
Thanks for the compliments...but I think we all know Grace would wear anything. She isn't a discerning 2-year-old...maybe when she hits 3.
I will be posting photos of the top tonight, I can't express how soft this yarn is...she will LOVE it.